Everyone, the deadline for responding to this blog is Monday, February 23rd. Thanks for your patience. I have added a link to the author's website, in which she begins a conversation about the structure of a story. Here are the questions, which relate to setting, conflict, plot and character:
1) How does the listing of descriptive details affect your understanding of the narrator?
2) What can you tell me about the narrator's personality?
3) What conflict(s) exist within the text?
4) What is the narrator saying to you about her community or her world?
5) Is there a plot structure? If so, what is it?